Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 2

We went back to the White Rose CW on Saturday. We did some more personal interviews with the residents there and it was really interesting. I think their way of life challenges our conceptions of what discipleship looks like. Can your whole life be committed to serving God? It made me really think about the political discourse in this country, so many idealogical conflicts but people don't really act on their ideals. If I say I care about the poor and argue about it all the time why don't I lobby for them? These are hard questions and in many ways made me feel a little inadequate about my efforts. This portion of the film, I expect, will be very challenging but potentially the most effective. I am increasingly seeing my faith as incompatible with many of the accepted realities of our society. How do I transform that reality? Hard questions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Sign of the Times. All rights reserved.